Vanilla Rhuby Slipper (Rhubarb Cocktail)
By Garrett McCord, author of Vanilla Garlic
This rhubarb cocktail with vanilla bean utilizes a modern, summery mix of unique flavors that blend together surprisingly well. A modern simple syrup infused with rhubarb, rosemary, and vanilla is splashed together with a vodka and sliced cucumbers.
Served from a pitcher into glasses filled with waiting ice the mix is topped off with a bit of ginger ale. This rhubarb drink recipe is intriguing and mellow and sure to be a hit at your next party.
Vanilla Rhuby Slipper Recipe
- 1 pound rhubarb, chopped
- 1 vanilla bean, cut open and seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cucumber, sliced thinly
- 2 1/2 cups vodka
- ginger ale
1. Place the rhubarb, vanilla bean seeds and pod, rosemary, water and syrup into a saucepot over high heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve. Toss the rhubarb and rosemary but save the vanilla bean. Allow the syrup to cool.
2. Pour the syrup, vanilla bean, vodka, and the cucumber slices into a pitcher and place in the fridge to chill and infuse for an hour or so.
3. When ready to serve pour into a glass filled with ice. Fill up about fourth to a third of the way full depending on how strong you want your drink. Top off with ginger ale.
Share your thoughts, leave a comment